About Jennifer Marshall School of Dance
The Jennifer Marshall School of Dance opened for business in September 2007 and has been growing from strength to strength, building in numbers and forming a strong team of dancers from the age of 3. The school offers classes in Tap, Modern Jazz, Classical Ballet, Lyrical, Drama and Musical Theatre.
The school is part of an examining body (British Theatre Dance Association) and are accredited to the GQAL (Graded Qualifications Alliance) and as the children work their way up the various levels, gaining strong technique and flexibility they can achieve examinations which are equivalent to GCSE, A level and Diplomas. General graded examinations at Grades 6, 7 and 8 and Vocational Graded examinations at Intermediate and Advanced Fountdation now attract UCAS points. These are recognised worldwide by all the major dance organisations and within the mainstream academic and education authorities.
With today's lifestyle young people should be encouraged to keep fit and dance is one of the best all round forms of exercise. It's fun and brings different communities together. The school allows children to develop their confidence and social skills by making friends and working with others.
We offer dance examinations, workshops, various festivals and school shows. The School also likes to involve the students in other events such as school trips etc and we thoroughly enjoy dancing at charity events and other organisations. This gives the students more opportunities to experience the dancing world outside of the studio.
- We aim to teach students the discipline and commitment of a dancer.
- Our goal is to ensure all students make the most of their dancing experiences at the School and we hope to inspire young people to reach for their dreams and become the dancers of the future.
- They will learn to develop their personalities and express themselves through movement.
- The Jennifer Marshall School of Dance work together as part of a team to ensure the best opportunities are available for the young people of today.
- The School creates a safe, friendly learning environment which helps to draw young people off the streets, giving them an interest and goals to achieve.